Awards and Grant Funding
- Eligibility to nominate for TPS Awards: Hans Neurath, Finn Wold, Protein Science Young Investigator Travel Award
- Get funding for your local protein-centered mini-symposium, workshop or other event with a Member Mini-Grant.
- Eligibility for FASEB/MARC Travel Awards
Annual Symposium and Awards
- Members save as much as 50% for the Annual Symposium.
- Connect with TPS leaders and have a say in the direction of your Society.
- Only members are able to submit or sponsor an abstract for the Best Poster Competition, or be considered for a Young Investigator Talk.
- Nominate your colleagues for one of seven prestigious TPS awards.
- Eligibility to submit a contributed talk.
Protein Science Benefits
- Complimentary online access to the premier Journal focused on all aspects of protein science.
- $250 discount on publication fees.
- Pain-Free Publishing: Fast turnaround under the guidance of Editor-in-Chief Brian Matthews.
- Reduced open-access fees from publisher Wiley Blackwell.
Networking and Leadership
- Connect and collaborate privately with other members through the Member Directory or the members-only LinkedIn group.
- Be eligible to vote – or stand yourself – for TPS Executive Council, Nominating Committee, and other leadership roles.
- Stay informed with the monthly member e-news.
- Public affairs representation through FASEB
- Through FASEB, TPS helps members play an active role in advocating for issues relevant to their fields. We provide the advocacy tools and information you need for contacting elected officials and the media.
- As a member of the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB), TPS adds its voice to their efforts to influence biomedical and life science policy in the United States.
“From the perspective of career building, there is nothing more beneficial to a protein scientist than joining and becoming involved in as many aspects of The Protein Society as possible.”
– Dr. Wayne Bolen