The Protein Society Awards recognize excellence across the diverse disciplines that collectively advance our understanding of proteins: their structure, function, design, and application. The Awards honor researchers who have distinguished themselves with significant achievements in protein research and those who have made outstanding contributions in leadership, teaching, and service. Nominations are submitted by Protein Society members, awarded by The Protein Society Executive Council, and recipients are honored at the Annual Protein Society Symposium. Nominations are due by or on November 5, 2021.
Nominations should be made for a specific award, but the awards committee reserves the right to consider a nomination under a different category. We encourage you to log in as a member before completing your nomination.
- Primary nominator must be a member of The Protein Society (TPS). Join TPS.
- TPS Council members may not submit nominations, nor provide letters of support.
- Nominees do not need to be TPS members.
- Any nominee who has won an award from TPS in the past 10 years is not eligible for nomination.
- TPS council members are not eligible for nomination during their term or for 3 years subsequent to serving.
- Apart from the Young Investigator Award, there are no age or gender requirements for any of the awards. TPS encourages nominations of individuals from diverse backgrounds. The Young Investigator award nominations are accepted only for nominees within 8 years of starting an independent career (2014 and after).
- Nominations are carried over for 1 year.
- A TPS member can nominate only one individual, for only one award, but he or she can submit letters of support for multiple nominees.
- An individual may be nominated by different TPS members for any number of awards.
- If two independent nominators nominate the same person for the same award, the nominations will be combined into one.
Completed Nominations must include:
- Nominee's name, professional title, affiliation, e-mail addresses and phone number.
- Nominee's Curriculum Vitae (limited to five pages) to include achievements on which the nomination is based.
- Nominating statement (limit 200 words). Short summary of the nominee’s achievements on which the nomination is based. Please align your comments with the award criteria. This is an important component of the nomination packet.
- Nominating letter, including name and signature, professional title, affiliation, postal and e-mail address and phone number. The nominating letter should elaborate on the nominating statement and provide the context for, and specific details about, the nominee’s contributions. The letter should explain why the nominee is deserving of the award for which they are being nominated. Please limit the nominating letter to no more than three pages.
- One letter of support. The nominator should arrange for one or more letters seconding the nomination. Supporting letters should be limited to no more than three pages each. Letters of support contributors do not need to be TPS members.
Incomplete nominations will not be considered.
For questions or assistance, please e-mail us at email@example.com
We encourage you to log in as a member before starting your nomination.